Ron Davis was a severely dyslexic adult who figured out a solution to correct his own dyslexia before coming with theories to help others. He noticed that when he was best in his artwork, his dyslexia would get worst, hence he locked himself in a hotel room for three days and practiced on making his dyslexia worse.
The Davis theory of dyslexia
Dyslexics think in pictures; through the mental or sensory imagery, rather than using words or sentences. This ability of theirs tend to make them very good at strategizing, creative works, hands-on activities and solving real world objective problems. Their ability to think with pictures makes them have a strong imagination. Disorientation related misperceptions result in repeated mistakes leading to emotional reactions, frustration, and loss of self-esteem. When the dyslexia how to turn off the disorientations at the moment they occur, the reading, writing problems start to disappear.
Davis dyslexia correction program
Licensed Davis have successfully worked with many individuals over age 70. The program usually involves 30 hours of intensive one-on-one work over a period of 5 days. Aim is simply the Davis dyslexia corrections and associated problems that arise. Major tools of the program include focus tool which is referred to as orientation counseling and learning tool called as symbol mystery. The students are taught to learn how to turn off the thought process that causes misperceptions; they are then better able to restore their minds to a relaxed and focused state. After learning the orientation, student is ready to build conceptual skills; with the ability to think with symbols and words. Students are given clay to use for working with alphabets, numbers and symbols. The Davis dyslexia correction program covers all or most of the following aspects:
• Balanced and co-ordination improvement
• Tools for controlling energy levels
• Spelling and handwriting improvement
• Time management skills
• Speech and hearing skills
• To be able to use creativity as a learning tool
• Techniques of writing
• Three 1-2 hour follow up sessions
• Unlimited email and phone consultation with facilitatorSummaryIn the modern world of mental and physical ailments common in societies, the evolving medicine and science offers solutions and treatments for such problems at the same time. Same is the case of dyslexics who think in pictures and have problems reading or/and writing. The Davis dyslexia correction programs are offered in different countries where a series of steps is followed with proper plan and strategic implementation that allows the dyslexics to have control over the disorientations and misperception related to their condition.